Home : Resources : Education Services

Utah Army National Guard

Education Services Office

We are located in the G1 section of the Utah National Guard Headquarters Building in Draper. Soldiers and their families are welcome to contact us directly for questions related to education counseling, tuition assistance, and the GI Bill.

Open Monday - Thursday from 0700-1700.

follow us on Facebook and Instagram @utarngeducation

Education Services Officer: (801) 432-4534 
Education Services Specialist (Federal TA & education/career counseling): (801) 432-4040
State Tuition Manager (State TA & State Tuition Waiver): (801) 432-4504

Incentives: (801) 432-4184 or (801) 432-4545
GI Bill Manager: (801) 432-4267

Testing (Army Personnel Testing): (801) 432-4263

Reach everyone in the Education Office by using our shared email:


Click the links below to learn more about our education programs:


Provides financial assistance toward tuition for first associate, bachelor's, master's degree and/or academic certificate.

Can be used for colleges/universities in-state or out-of-state, online or in-person, and for just one class at a time or full-time enrollment!

FTA is requested and processed through GoArmyEd. To create your account, go to www.goarmyed.com, click on "Create or Reactivate Account" and select "Student" from the drop down menu. Follow the prompts to find your username and create your password. 

Once your account is created, click on "Request TA Access" to complete an interest inventory called VIA and select your school, degree level, and major. You'll be to request TA once your school selections are approved. 

FTA requests should be submitted at least 5 business days prior to the class start date and must be approved prior to that date.

For current funding amounts and eligibility requirements, click here.

If you have any questions or are unsure of how to complete anything in GoArmyEd, please contact our Education Services Specialist!


Available for members of the Utah Army National Guard starting 1 January 2020!

  • CA will provide Soldiers up to $4,000 each year to pay for an eligible credential.
  • Soldiers may use both Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) and Army Credentialing Assistance (CA); however, the combined usage shall not exceed $4,000 per FY.
  • CA can be used for any credential listed on https://www.cool.army.mil/ but does not have to be related to the Soldier’s MOS.
  • CA will pay expenses for classroom, hands-on, online/blended training and associated materials to include: manuals, study guides, textbooks, processing fees, test fees, related fees for continuing education requirements, and recertification of credentials.

Application Process:

Soldier Responsibilities

  • Verify that your credential is listed on Army COOL
  • Contact the ESS in our Education Office to discuss the CA application process and verify eligibility
  • Receive a CA Application/Request from your ESO/ESS and complete all tabs (Excel file)
  • Make sure you have an active GoArmyEd account
    • if you do not already have an active account, create one at www.goarmyed.com
    • When the GAE VIA decision tool launches:
      • Select “Credential School” and “Credentialing Pathway” degree program to pursue a credential program.
  • Fill out a helpdesk case in GAE and upload the completed excel file and SOU
  • Gather all required documents/forms required for training and upload in the GAE eFile
  • Submit at least 30 business days (approximately 40-45 calendar days) prior to your training/exam start!

UTARNG ESS Responsibilities

  • Review documents for completion and escalate helpdesk case to ACCESS, ArmyU for action

ACCESS, ArmyU Responsibilities

  • Vet all vendors/training providers
  • Notify Soldier if approved/disapproved



Provides additional financial assistance toward tuition after Soldier has reached annual FTA limit or for Soldiers or Airmen who are actively serving and in good standing but otherwise ineligible to use FTA.

Can be used for colleges/universities in-state or out-of-state, online or in-person, and for just one class at a time or full-time enrollment!

STA covers up to $250 per semester hour and up to $6,000 per fiscal year (combined if also using FTA).

Service Members pursuing a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) or Cyber degree program are allowed up to $7,000 per fiscal year (combined if also using FTA) that can be applied both to tuition and fees starting in FY20. Service Member must include STEM-C Verification Letter signed by an advisor/official at the school indicating that their degree program qualifies as STEM or Cyber to receive additional funding. 

STA packets should be submitted at least 15 days prior to the class start and must include: completed application, signed Statement of Understanding (SOU), and course/cost verification.

Please see our checklist to ensure you have included all required components of your application.

STA approval is subject to availability of funds.

Submit completed STA packets to: ng.ut.utarng.list.education-office@mail.mil


Waives full-time tuition (12-18 credit hours) for the academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) at Utah public colleges/universities.

Members of the Utah National Guard (Army or Air) working on their first associate or bachelor's degree may apply.

STW packets must include: completed application, high school transcript or previous college transcript(s), short essay.

Application period runs annually from 1 January-30 April.

STW packets must be submitted to ng.ut.utarng.list.education-office@mail.mil during open application period.