Utah Army National Guard Military Records

Who Can Submit a Request for Military Records:

Veterans of the Utah Army National Guard or next-of-kin of the deceased veteran.

The next-of kin may be any of the following: un-remarried surviving spouse, son, daughter, father, mother, brother, or sister of the deceased veteran. He or she must provide proof of the veteran’ death, such as a copy of the death certificate, newspaper article (obituary), coroner’s report of death, or funeral home letter.

NoteOur office only maintains records for current Utah Army National Guard members, Veterans of the Utah Army National Guard, and some Veterans of the Air National Guard (discharged prior to 1989).  Veterans of the Air National Guard (discharged after 1990), Air Force, Active Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard, please download the PDF address list of custodians and send the Standard Form 180 to your respective branch.


How to Request Utah Army National Guard Military Records:

1. Download the Standard Form 180 .

2. Items to be completed on form:

Section I (Complete Blocks 1-5).

Section II (Check Items you are requesting or specify the names of the documents you are requesting). Check the box pertaining to your request.

Section III (Complete 1-4).

3. Submit the completed Standard Form 180 using one of the following methods:  

Email to: ng.ut.utarng.mbx.records@army.mil



Mail to: Utah Army National Guard

Attn: G-1 Personnel Records

12953 S. Minuteman Dr.

Draper, UT 84020


How You Will Receive Your Records:

  • All documents requested will be emailed via DOD SAFE Service. Please ensure that you provide our office with your most current email address on the Standard Form 180.

Note: If an email address is not provided, we will mail your document(s). This process may take up to 7-10 business days.


If you have any questions please contact us at (801) 432-4558 or (801) 432-4559.

*Please note that our office is closed every Fridays and on all Federal Holidays.


Additional Resources:

For Medical and Dental Records, please call (801) 878-5120 to request a release form and instructions on how to submit.