What We Are:
The Visual Information office contributes significantly to the total Army mission. It uses multimedia-based information to greatly support and enhance the communications process. The communications process is the exchange of ideas, data, and information, regardless of the forms or technologies used. VI professionals in the VI community capture, create, and exploit visual images and sounds that provide timely, accurate, and highly-accessible information for communication, assessment, training, and decision-making. The scope of VI services is comprised of video production, graphic design, illustration, printing services, photography, and audio/visual equipment loan/presentation support.
What We Do:
- Photography – official DA photos, command portraits, official military passports, ISOPREPs, SRP support, historically significant photography events, and providing photography equipment loans
- Videography/video editing – recording of historically significant events, preparation of digital media, editing of digital media, duplication of videos to CD/DVD, providing audio/visual services (public addresses, presentations), and providing video equipment loans
- Graphic Design – creation of print media
- Print Production – produce large format graphic prints, provide lamination, mounting, and matting for artwork, provide scanning services, provide photo printing services, and provide book creation and binding services
- Archival – scan historical media (hard copy photos, photo negatives, photo slides, etc.), and digitize historical media (photos and video)