Utah Army National Guard
Education Services Office
The Education Office will be closed Monday July 3 and Tuesday July 4.
Effective July 1 State public Schools
- UTNG Circular 23-01 -Utah National Guard State Incentive Programs
- Applies to ALL State Schools (vist https://ushe.edu/ for a list of all schools)
- Available for use for first associate, bachelor's, masters, doctorate, aviation degree and/or a professional certificate.
- Can only be used for lateral or lower if no other State Tuition Assistance used prior.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher for undergraduate and below or 3.0 for graduate and above
- Can be used for part-time and full-time.
- MUST use in conjunction with FTA if eligible.
- Must be a satisfactory participant as per AR135-91, be actively drilling, not currently flagged, and your service obligation to the Utah National Guard must be equal to or greater than two years past the course end date for undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, or aviation programs.
- May NOT use if receiving the state reenlistment bonus.
- Regular STA is still available for other accredited schools.
- Documents required
- Email all documents to our group email: email@example.com
- Can apply 90-15 days prior to the course start date.
Up to 100% State Tuition Assistance. (Includes tuition and fees)
For all other accredited schools the $250 per CH max $6000 combined with FTA still applies.
STW Waivers still available for Salt Lake Community College, Snow College, Southern Utah University, Utah State University, Utah Tech University, and Weber State University. If you would like to apply for the 23-24 School Year waiver send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send all inquires and STA/STW Applications to our group email:
PLEASE DO NOT SEND GOOGLE DOCS. WE CAN NOT OPEN THEM.
Our office is located in the G1 section of the Utah National Guard Headquarters Building in Draper. Soldiers and their families are welcome to contact us directly for questions related to education counseling, tuition assistance, and the GI Bill.
Open Monday - Thursday from 0700-1700.
Please contact us at the email below if you need assistance, would like to schedule an in-person or virtual meeting, or have questions about your education benefits.
Education Services Officer: (801) 432-4354
Education Services Specialist (FTA, CA, & education/career counseling): (801) 432-4040
GI Bill Manager: (801) 432-4471
State Programs Manager: (801) 432-4747
Army Personnel Testing: (801) 432-4263