Home : Resources : Military Records



Utah Army National Guard Military Records




Who Can Submit a Request for Military Records:

Veterans of the Utah Army National Guard or next-of-kin of the deceased veterans.

The next-of-kin may be any of the following: un-remarried surviving spouse, son, daughter, father, mother, brother, or sister of deceased veteran. He or she must provide proof of the veteran’s death, such as a copy of the death certificate, newspaper article (obituary), coroner’s report of death, or funeral home letter.

Note: Our office only maintains records for current Utah Army National Guard members and Veterans of the Utah Army National Guard. Veterans of the Air National Guard, Air Force, Active Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard, please download the PDF address list of custodians and send the Standard Form 180 to your respective branch.

How to obtain Utah Army National Guard Military Records:

  1. Obtain Standard Form 180
  2. Submit SF-180 to UTNG Personnel Records
  3. Receive military records


How to Obtain Standard Form 180 to Request Military Records:

  • Download Standard Form 180 PDF here.


  • Contact us at (801) 432-4558, (801)432-4559, or (801) 432-4542 for an emailed copy of the Standard Form 180.


  • Visit our Office between Monday thru Thursday, 7:00am - 4:00pm.

*Please note that our office is closed on all Federal Holidays.


How to Submit the Request Pertaining to Military Records:


  • Fax the SF-180 to: (801)-432-4779 (Attn: Archive Records)


  • Mail SF-180 to:
Utah Army National Guard
Attn: Archive Records
12953 S. Minuteman Dr.
Draper, UT 84020


How You Will Receive Your Records:

  •  Records will be mailed to the Physical Address indicated on the SF-180.


  •  Faxed to a number indicated on the SF-180.


  • Picked up at our office between Monday thru Thursday, 7:00am-4:00pm. We are located in the Utah Army National Guard headquarters building, in the Personnel Service Center.

*Please note that our office is closed on all Federal Holidays.

When Will You Receive Your Records:

It may take up to 3-5 business days for our office to process your request. You will receive an email confirmation once your documents have been mailed to you.